Our Spring Build will begin on April 24, 2021! Our volunteers and staff are what makes Habitat for Humanity the vital resource it is, and their well-being is our top priority. Habitat is working with the local health department and following state guidelines for social distancing, face coverings, and sanitation to allow for a pleasant volunteer experience. In our ongoing efforts to assist our community in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures you will notice during your volunteer shift.
Beginning July 23, 2020 citizens in Ohio counties were placed under a mandatory mask/facial covering order while out in public. For the safety of our volunteers, we are requiring face coverings to be worn at all times at the build sites when working inside, and outside when social distancing isn’t possible.
We have put the following safety measures in place:
- Following state guidelines, we will safely welcome volunteers at our build site and ReStore. A few of the new protocols in place include social distancing practices, special hours, limiting the number of volunteers to 5 per shift plus crew leaders, hand washing stations, and safety guidelines for hospitality services.
- To learn more about the governor’s mask mandate visit: https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/governor/media/news-and-media/covid19-update-07222020
- Our employees and crew leaders will be wearing face coverings. For your convenience, masks will be available.
- We are asking volunteers to stay home if they are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- We are asking volunteers and staff to maintain good hygiene: hand washing, sanitizing, and social distancing while on premises.
- We are providing additional cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day of high touch areas and restrooms.
- A hand washing station has been added at the build site.
- Our Staff will conduct daily health assessments, including temperature readings, to determine “fitness for duty” for themselves and all volunteers before reporting for work.
- Habitat will continue to monitor any changing circumstances.
We are asking that all our volunteers please continue to take precautions to stay healthy and safe and refer to the CDC recommendations about best practices, and if you have a temperature or you are feeling unwell, please volunteer with us another time.