ROCK THE BLOCK
Neighbors helping neighbors transform the face of a single block in just one day!
Goals for Rock the Block
- Improve our neighborhoods with necessary home repairs.
- Connect neighbors with neighbors.
- Inspire homeowners to build neighborhood pride amd become active in their own community.
Rock the Block evening will take place at Riverview Terrace Park in July 27, 2022, from 5-9 p.m.
We BUILD Community
Shelter. Strength. Stability.
Do I Qualify?
Homeowners who qualify for Rock the Block:
- live in their home year-round.
- own the home being repaired for at least two years.
- fall with Habitat’s income guidelines.
- agree to be home of the day of Rock the Block to assist from helping with the repair, to handing out water and greeting volunteers.
Is There a Cost?
The Rock the Block program is a partnership. While labor is provided at no cost, you will be asked to contribute to the cost of the project materials based on an affordability scale and complete sweat equity.
What Will We Do?
We provide preventative maintenance, weatherization and preservation repair to the exterior of homes:
- painting (windows/porches/sheds)
- cleaning gutters
- power washing siding
- caulking, foaming, weather stripping
- replacing screen doors
- replacing exterior doors
- installing carbon monoxide/smoke detectors
- repairing/replacing fascia/gutters/siding/skirting trim
- repairing porches, repairing/installing railings
- repairing/replaing steps or ramps