Type of Position: Permanent Full-time & Part-Time Positions with Benefits
Pay Range: $23-$25/hour
Description: Shared reporting to the Repair and Construction Managers, the position supports Habitat for Humanity of Findlay/Hancock County’s Critical Home Repair and New Construction programs that utilize volunteer labor and external contractors to build and repair homes for low-income families in a safe, affordable manner supporting the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Establish build/repair individual project budgets and present to Program Manager in advance of project commencement.
· Complete all build/repair projects on schedule and within budget maximizing volunteer resources, gifts of labor and materials, and family support requests.
· Supervise, coordinate, teach and mentor volunteers ranging from beginner to skilled in homebuilding tasks while on the project.
· Maintain strong relationships with local subcontractors and material suppliers resulting in reliable delivery of services, and gifts of labor and materials.
· Development of project scopes, budgets and materials lists while coordinating timely and complete delivery/staging of all construction materials at build/repair sites.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills, organized, ability to foster trust, credibility and cohesive teamwork among persons with diverse talents, backgrounds and perspectives.
· Coordinate activities of assigned build/repair construction sites, including but not limited to:
· working with homeowners to determine any special needs and to review scope of work,
· prepare purchase orders for materials and obtain bids for materials,
· prepare sites for construction including procurement of construction materials, delivery of tool trailers, & proper safety PPE,
· hire subcontractors where appropriate,
· oversee project site from start to completion utilizing unskilled labor,
· deliver a positive volunteer, sponsor, and family experience resulting in returning and growing community participation from donors and volunteers.
· Assist homeowners in the following activities, including but not limited to:
1. coordination and scheduling of repair projects,
2. educating homeowners in routine house maintenance,
3. completion of punch list and warranty work
· Responsible for quality control, including review of contractor and volunteer work.
· Responsible for safety at project sites, including but not limited to:
1) implementation of emergency plan, incident recording and follow up
2) ensure that equipment and tools are in safe, working condition,
3) train volunteers in safety practices, and
4) monitor volunteers, including minors, to ensure safe use of tools and equipment according to age, skill and and HFHI regulations.
· Ensure that building, accessibility, electrical, plumbing, and construction codes are met or exceeded.
· Executes responsibilities of fiscal policies, i.e. credit card, reviewing/coding all construction expenses, inventory, tracking documentation/receipts, and coding of expenditures.
· Maintain organization, inventory and upkeep of tools, trucks and trailers.
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Daily work will require lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying weight up to 20 feet frequently throughout the work day. Requires regular walking and standing for hours to a significant degree. Required to safely drive and back up and park large trucks and trailers (no CDL required). Ability to communicate both verbally and through written correspondence.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed outdoors (80%) and is not protected from external weather conditions. Some exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Contact: Wendy McCormick at 419-429-1400 x 8 email@example.com
Type of Position: Full-time, one year term
Description: The most important part of bridging the technology gap is YOU! Open up a world of possibilities for under-resourced families by connecting them with resources, devices, data plans, and training.
HFH will utilize the VISTA member to promote FOC (UNIFI program) visibility and viability in the community to catalyze partnership initiatives and support volunteer roles development, recruitment, and sustainability efforts. Serving as a project lead with the UNIFI program, the VISTA member will build on the foundational work completed in the previous year to facilitate expansion through in-kind donations of technology, identification of grant/funding opportunities, volunteer recruitment, and training. VISTA will manage FOC’s social media presence and Online Resource Center.
Benefits of serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA:
Contact: Dustin Fuller, FOC Manager, at (419) 429-1400 x 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type of Position: Full-time
Description: This position is responsible for operations in the ReStore including processing of donated items and loading & unloading of sold and donated items, staging and safety of the items in the ReStore showroom while providing high level customer service. will be responsible for training in truck operations for the pick-up of donated merchandise from homeowners, safely packing/loading the merchandise in the ReStore truck, returning to ReStore and unloading merchandise. Experience in Retail. Must have a valid drivers license Full-Time, Non-exempt, hourly wage with benefits.
Fixed schedule would be Monday – Friday, and every other Saturday between 9:30 am – 5 pm. . Average of 39 hours per week. Must have valid driver’s license and ability to lift and or move 50 lbs repetitively.
Contact: Ted Spencer, ReStore Manager, at (419) 429-1400 x 4 or email@example.com
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.